Monday, January 4, 2010

A woman's place in grace

I was watching some women MMA on youtube a few minutes ago. Let me tell you something--it is NOT pretty. There is nothing attractive with two women in just sports bras and shorts beating the juice out of each other.

Being a tomboy myself, I know where they're coming from. Some girls love to fight and scrap. I'm one of them. But there comes a point where a woman needs to be a woman. Women were meant to love, nurture, and defend, not fight in front of thousands to show off their mad skills. We have a specific role--and it's a fact of life we've got to deal with.

I think in this day and age we have seen another surge of the movement that probably started shortly after WWII. Women "stand up for themselves" and rebel from the "weaker sex" stereotype. I think this is mostly unnecessary--and wrong.

We have a God-given place of our own. He provides a standard in 1 Peter 3:1-6, the key being verse 4:

"...rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."


A woman shines the most in her place of quiet grace, meekness, and submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say