Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mind yer manners, see.

With an exhilarating night of bokken comes some thought. (Wow, how sentimental can this get?)

I think I found myself drifting from aikido to complete and utter savage primordial instinct. Somehow, my being nage turned into uke. I could see the fear in "uke's" eyes as I slashed wildly at the poor fellow. Not exactly the best illustration of the "art of peace". I says to myself, "What's wrong with me?" There's nothing wrong with me. It's just that there's a time and a place for savages and a time and place for civilized sword-play. How ironic the previous post was about balance, precision, etc.. Personally, I find it easier to go savage, but no one said aikido would be easy. Quittin's fer wimps, and I ain't one of them.

-gHopper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say