Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prioritize

They say you don't know what you have until you lose it. I get it now. At 3:28 this morning, I saw my little brother off to a week with the Boy Scouts of America to Camp Ottari in Pulaksi, Virginia. It's only 8:50 a.m and I miss him already.

This week I had planned to attend a seminar at Brevard Aikikai featuring Robert Zimmerman. The seminar is on the day that my brother returns. As of this morning, I canceled that seminar plan.

Days like today remind me of my priorities. I believe I can now say that I am honestly content with them so far. I will get to see my newly transformed brother, fresh from camp with that look in his eye that says, "Hey sister, I did it." Seeing that will be better than seeing Ueshiba himself.

"Be prepared- WE ARE PREPARED!"
Troop 35, Riverbend District, North Florida Council

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say