Saturday, August 1, 2009

Little Deeper

I enjoy learning about the different aspects of techniques, such as their counter-points, purposes, and so forth. I worked with a hardcore nidan today who really knows his stuff. He showed me a few things about tenchi-nage. It's kind of hard explaining in words, but here goes.
  • Good ma-ai and extension are crucial for this one.
  • You have to synchronize the entire side that you step in on. For example, if I am in left hanmi, when I step in with my right foot, the hip movement has to match the step, as well as my right hand's movement.
  • The reason you step back and twist towards nage is because you are trying to stand back up and counter, since you as uke know what he is going to do. At least, that was the daito-ryu/aiki-jutsu mindset I think.
Yep. That's if for now.

-gHopper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say